Land and Environment Court > Your legal problem is about ...



Disputes about mining can be dealt with by the Land and Environment Court. The Court can hear and dispose of civil proceedings under the Mining Act 1992 and the Petroleum (Onshore) Act 1991 and criminal proceedings for certain offences under the Mining Act 1992. Criminal proceedings for more minor offences are dealt with by the Local Court.

The civil proceedings are allocated to Class 8 of the Court’s jurisdiction and the criminal proceedings are allocated to Class 5 of the Court’s jurisdiction.


More information

Find more information about:

Need legal advice or information?

In NSW, there are a number of places where you can get specialised legal advice on the sorts of legal problems heard by the Land and Environment Court. Find out where to get legal advice and information







Fast track ...    

Need to know more about civil proceedings in relation to mining? Go to Class 8: mining matters. For criminal proceedings, go to Class 5.

This website is being updated to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.