18 September 2017: Court Vacation 2017-2018
The Judges' fixed vacation begins on 18 December 2017 and the first day of term in 2018 will be Monday, 29 January 2018.
Matters may be listed for s 34 conferences, mediations and hearings before Commissioners throughout the fixed vacation except for the public holidays and the public service holiday on Wednesday 27 December 2017.
The final Registrar's directions hearing list for 2017 will be on Wednesday 20 December 2017. The Registrar's directions hearing list will resume on Monday 22 January 2018.
A Duty Judge will be available during the fixed vacation for urgent matters.
Information on Registry opening hours over the Xmas break is available here.
- 30 June 2017: From 1 July 2017, new fees apply.
- 14 June 2017: The Chief Judge is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Sarah Bish as a Commissioner of the Court from 28 June 2017. Read more.
- 15 May 2017: The Chief Judge is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Sarah Froh as Registrar and Director of the Court from 24 July 2017. Read More
- 28 April 2017: The time for the submission of comments on proposed changes to the Class 3 Compensation Claims Practice Note has been extended to 22 May 2017. Click here for the consultation questions.
- 30 March 2017: The Court is conducting a review of the Class 3 Compensation Claims Practice Note. Justice Moore, the LVC List Judge, is seeking comments on a range of questions by the end of April to inform this review. Click here for the list of consultation questions.
- 28 March 2017: The Tree Disputes Student Helpdesk, a free service provided by University Students to provide procedural assistance to parties in tree dispute matters, is continuing throughout 2017. Read More.
- 24 March 2017: Housing NSW's medium sales figures for the September quarter 2016 are now available. Metro Rural
- 22 March 2017: The Chief Judge has issued new practice notes for Class 1 Development Appeals, and Class 1, 2 and 3 Miscellaneous Appeals, and repealed the two practice notes by the same name made on 30 April 2007. The Conciliation Conference Policy has also been updated. Read more.
- 17 March 2017: The Court's website has been updated to provide information on its jurisdiction under the Strata Schemes Development Act 2015. Read about this jurisdiction and view the information on how to commence and carry on Class 2 and 3 Strata Scheme Development proceedings.
- Recent news and announcements